When Should You Repair Your Unit?
When your heating and cooling system is working properly, your home is comfortable and you’re probably not experiencing any significant increase in your monthly utility bills. So when a part malfunctions or your unit stops working, how do you decide if it’s time to repair or replace it? Your local Day & Night® dealer can provide a thorough diagnosis of your system and make a professional recommendation. To help you decide, we’ve put together a list of factors to consider.
Here are some reasons to repair the unit:
- The cost of repairs is less than one-third the cost of a replacement
- The unit is less than 10 years old
- The unit is still under warranty (see your warranty terms)
When Should You Replace Your Unit?
Replacing all or part of a heating and cooling system can be a big investment. When an older unit has continuous issues or shows signs of reduced energy efficiency, it could be more economical to upgrade your home comfort system. A Day & Night dealer can help you diagnose your heating and cooling system, as well as help you choose a replacement that fits your needs and budget.
Here are some reasons for replacing your heating or cooling unit:
- The cost of repairs is near 50% of the cost of a replacement
- The unit requires frequent repairs.
- Humidity problems that signal operating issues
- Warranty expirations
- High dust and low air quality problems
- The furnace is more than 15 years old, and the heat pump or AC is more than 10 years old